Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Well, yes Mothers Day has come and gone and my bub still has not come out. We did decide though that I am a mum even if it is still in my tummy, cause well there is a BABY in there... MY BABY and well it has done its 40 weeks, so it is just a matter of positioning that it is still in there and not out here... So I got spoilt by bub (via Hubby) anyway which was nice!

On a separate Mother's Day note... I got to spend the afternoon with one special Mum on Sunday... MY MUM. We had a lovely lunch with all the family which was really nice. My mum like most would do anything for us, so it was nice to spend the time recognising this...
Below is the card I made for my mum as well as a calendar that she wanted for the house. I put a heap of work into this calendar which I didn't mind one bit, as I know she appreciates it SO MUCH. She has kept every card I have made and given her, so it was worth the effort of finishing this one in the early hours of Sunday morning.
---
LOVE YA MUM!!
---
I made this card using a lovely Twiddleybitz piece. It saved heaps of time in creating the card, as not too much was needed more than the message. I simply sprayed the colour on it and used some sworvski crystals in the centre of the flowers for a little bling...

Mum really wanted to have a heritage look about her calendar, so I decided to use papers from 'Collections' I hadn't worked with these for a while, but I love how they suit this calendar by Kaisercraft. I just love this family photo of us that was taken on the dancefloor at my cousin's wedding. It is funny you would never think to take a family portrait in such a way, but it would have to be the best photo of all of us as everyone looks just so happy and enjoying themselves. It is just a shame that the kids weren't at the wedding so it is just the adults.

5 comments:

Sherry's Creations said...

What a beautiful present for your MUM Beck.. glad you had a lovely day :-)

Kris said...

A gorgeous Calendar Beck..You put so much work into it!!! Your Mum would of loved it..
Hope you are still feeling ok..

Unknown said...

Gorgeous gift for your Mum...Come on Bub come out...we want to meet you :) Hope you are coping ok with the delay of bub arriving. Only a matter of days now :) All the very best Beck for the days ahead. Oh, what a special day it will be when bub arrives...cherish each moment :)

agnes sacco said...

Rebecca thanks heaps for the great effort and time you took into doing this calendar, I really love it and will always treasure it. I had a lovely mother's day and I'm so blessed to have a family who are so thoughtful in giving me so many wonderful gifts and who made my mother's day so special, by sharing it with me.

Al Hannah said...

Gosh Beck, attention to detail girl! Amazing work. I know your Mum would just love it.