Thursday, March 10, 2011

My brave birthday boy


Finally I have finished a double layout of my eldest son's first birthday (sounds funny calling him the eldest when he isn't even 2 yet). I have had this paper and the photos ready to go for a while, but just never got around to putting it together. Must have had something to do with having a baby or something :D

Anyway, I recently went to a crop and decided that this would be my project for the night, and well here it is. He was VERY sick on his birthday, so I was pleased to have gotten even this many photos of him.
I used 'My Minds Eye - Alphabet soup' boy range to create it. I just loved working with this paper, so bright and fun. There was a lovely die cut set that came with it too which was great for embellishing the page.

I did have a learning out of this though - don't go and round the corners on your photos until you are actually putting it together on the layout... I had previously done this (must have been a new thing for me at the time of putting it together with the paper range) to save me time when I was at a crop and wanting to work on it... I just struggled to set it all out in the end because of it. I am happy with the page, but could have been happier I think.

You can't see much of the dimension in the photo, but here is quite a bit which worked well with this paper range.

back soon with some more things to share hopefully!

xxx

No comments: