Monday, June 27, 2011

Scrap the Boys Challenge - June

I have been looking at 'Scrap the Boys' for a little while now and SO wanting to take part in all the fun.  I guess my two young boys have kept me too busy - but as my youngest just turned 6 months last week, things are already starting to settle down.  That and my Design team commitments have been completed for the month, so I had some extra time.

JUNE CHALLENGE:

All you need to do is use the colours below to create your layout, you can use small amounts of black for doodling, journaling, inking etc as long as it does not take away from these colours...


RED * AQUA * YELLOW * WHITE


When I saw this month's challenge I knew I just wanted to take part - but it was having a chance to get around to doing it.  When I took Toby's photo on the day he turned 6 months - it wasn't until I printed it out that I realised what I had done.... the colours he was wearing and the toy he was playing with just matched this challenge so well that it HAD to be the photo I would use.  Now don't get me wrong... I HAVE dressed my boys in colours to match a paper range I wanted to use (aren't we all guilty of that LOL), but surprisingly this was totally by chance.  Here is my take on the challenge:


I had SO much fun with these colours and collecting items and paper out of my stash to make it.  I used Echo Park's Little Boy range which I just love and can't believe how different the layouts are turning out even though I am using the same pack of paper!

I also used my Helmar Crackle on the cogs and some yummy texture paste mixed with yellow paint on the background of red acrylic paint, then accented with some aqua Pearl Ex.


My American craft's thickers matched so well, and I teamed that up with some Webster's alphas from the Hollywood range that were originally white that I coloured in yellow with a Copic marker.

Lastly I added some white and coloured twine from the Twinery (love these and it was the perfect opportunity to use them for the first time).
OF COURSE it was all teamed up with my Helmar 450 Quick Dry and Liquid Scrapdots to put it altogether and achieve some dimension. 
 Well I hope have enjoyed my share today and take a trip over to the 'Scrap the Boys' blog and be a part of their challenges.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Paula said...

Brilliant layout, it certainly stands out on the blog...had to have a closer look. Love your background :)

Karen said...

Love love love your LO. Great job and I think it is one of the stand out pages on the blog. Again well done.

sandi said...

Wow! This is soooooooooooooooo awesome! LOVE this!