Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Scraptherapy August Challenge and My Mind's Eye's All is Bright

Ok so I have a bit of a favourite at the moment with My Mind's Eye's papers, and this new paper range is no exception.  When I saw the release pics coming out of CHA including the 'All is bright' range, I just couldn't wait to get my hands on it.  I was SO excited when Scraptherapy had the range in so quickly and shot off an order asap.  Although a Christmas themed paper, I actually just fell in love with it as a paper range for layouts of my boys.  This is the second layout I have done with the paper...

When I saw this sketch I just fell in love with it, so I just HAD to have a play!  I really wanted to marry it up with the All is bright range I recently purchased from Scraptherapy, and this is what I came up with.

The Challenge Sketch:
 My take on the Sketch:
Here are some detail pics of my little play with the background, some dimension and layering.



I used the My Mind's Eye 'All Is Bright' by Rhonna Farrer Collection
My Mind's Eye Kraft Fun Everyday fun Stamps
Bazzill White Cardstock
The Crafter's workshop reverse 12 x 12 Chickenwire stencil
Tim Holtz Crackle Rubber Stamp
Tim Holtz Fired Brick, Broken China, Walnut Stain and Antique linen  Distress inks
StaysOn Black ink pad
Basic Grey Dark Chocolate Chip alphas
Webster's paper Storytellers
Kaisercraft Grid lines background stamp
Helmar 450 Quick Dry
Helmar Acid Free Glue
Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots
Head on over to the blog and forum to check out all the entries in the challenge, there is some awesome work in there!

Photobucket

12 comments:

Julie said...

This is gorgeous. Love the colours and the wire background. Thanks for playing along with us at therapy.

mandysea said...

wow cool Beck! Love the chicken wire too!! lovely LO.. thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Therapy!

Lee-Anne said...

Wow - this is fantastic - thanks for playing - love it

Lee-Anne
www.scraptherapy.com.au

Deb said...

Ooooooo! Your page is fabulous. The background and layering is just awesome and your photo is just sooooooo adorable. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Therapy.

Liz Chidester said...

Beautiful page!! I love the way you created the background.

Martha Richardson said...

Great LO! Love the color choices & the design:)

Kate Vickers said...

This is gorgeous! I saw it on FB too on the MME page and left you some love there too. I love your backgrounds. You do such lovely work!

Tone-Lill said...

This is such a gorgous page with a cut photo. Love your masked background and all the layers of paper :)

Sandie said...

Firstly, what a gorgeous photograph, sooo cute! Your layout is fantastic Rebecca, love the depth you have created, the colours, the various shapes, oh so love it!

Shaunagh @ Home and Hobbies said...

Am popping over from ScrapTherapy! This is stunning, so much detail.

Cheryl Boglioli said...

love love love love this. I love the sketch and adore your layout and layers.

Denise van Deventer said...

This is so gorgeous Beck! My word...you are so talented and creative! I just love how you put this layout together! The layering and everything is just so perfect! Beautiful work!